duminică, 23 octombrie 2011

Wedding vows

Jennifer Cavalleri and Oliver Barrett
from Erich Segal's Love Story
1970


 
Jennifer:
When our two souls stand up erect and strong, face to face, silent, drawing nigh and nigher 'til the lengthening wings break into fire at either curved point; What bitter wrong can the Earth do to us that we should not long be here contented?
Think. In mounting higher, the angels would press on us, and aspire to drop some golden orb of perfect song into our deep dear silence. Let us stay rather on Earth, Beloved, where the unfit contrarious moods of men recoil away and isolate pure spirits and permit a place to stand and love in for a day with darkness and death hour rounding it.

Oliver:
I give you my hand.
I give you my love, more precious than money.
I give you myself before preaching or law.

Will you give me yourself?
Will you come travel with me?
Shall we stick by each other as long as we live?

3 comentarii:

  1. Da-i te rog la "my dear" nr-ul lui Oliver sau mai simplu pune-l sa invete replica, vreau s-o aud si eu! :))

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. :)) Ii dam filmul sa il vada si cand ajunge la secventa asta o tot punem pe repeat pana o invata.

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  3. :))) filmul l-a vazut deja, dar bineinteles ca nu a fost prea impresionat...asta, sper ca doar din cauza ca inainte am vazut 2 filme romantice care spre uimirea mea i-au placut la fel de mult ca si mie :)
    P.S. aproape la fel de mult, ca eu m-am "manifestat" mai urat :)) (cred ca stii la ce ma refer)

    RăspundețiȘtergere